June 23, 2017
Dear Mentors and Participants,
Count down to the 49th IChO 2017 in Thailand!
It is a great pleasure and an honor to extend to all participants a warm invitation to attend the 49th Chemistry Olympics. Scientific Committee would like to provide these following useful information for the scientific sessions:
- Laboratory coat. Students are responsible for bringing himself/herself a laboratory coat. A laboratory coat is absolutely required for practical exam.
- Safety glasses. Safety glasses will be provided. However, students are allowed to use their own safety glasses.
- Shoes. For practical exam, shoes must completely cover the entire foot. Sandals, open weave shoes, flats, or other shoes that expose the top of the foot are strictly forbidden when you are in the laboratory. See IChO safety regulations (Appendix A) for details.
- Stationery. We will provide all necessary stationery during both practical and theoretical exams.
- Scientific calculators. Students will be provided with the scientific calculators for the theoretical and practical exams. A scientific calculator (Model: Casio fx-991EX Classwiz – Thank Casio for sponsorship) will be provided in your welcome package. Please visit Preparatory Problems for an abbreviated version of a user manual.
- Laptop. We would like to kindly ask mentors to bring their personal laptops, adapters for electrical supply for session translating. We will not be able to provide personal computers to the team mentors. Printers will be provided by the host country.
- Electricity. Thailand uses 220V AC electricity Power outlets with standard frequency of 50 Hz. Most commonly used electric sockets are type A, B, and C.
Just a reminder that it is a rainy season in July. Hot (above 30oC) and humid (heavy rain) weather may be expected during the IChO event. Please prepare outfits accordingly.
We look forward to seeing you in Thailand.
June 23, 2017
Note to IChO participants